Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 28: Valentine's Is Fast Approaching.

So yesterday I spent ALL morning in the kitchen as a "real woman" should. I made a ton of Valentine's junk food to send off to John. And suprisingly, I had a really fun time. I didn't mind baking all day. I didn't mind annoying cookie cutters. I didn't mind frosting stuck to my fingertips. I didn't even mind the red food colored palms I had afterwards. Because the whole time I kept thinking "John is going to love this. John is going to LOVE this." And that made it all worth it. :0) Oh the things I will do for that man. I kept thinking, You know, I could totally see myself in our kitchen making a hot meal. He comes home from work totally excited to see me. Gives me a huge hug and asks how my day was. We talk for a bit and then the timer goes off and I rush to get my culinary masterpeice from the oven. The table is set, we bless the food, and have a nice dinner. I know that is so cliche, and I realize that scene is not for everyone. Some women would like it to be the other way around. SHE comes home to the hubby ready with a hot meal, ect. And I used to think that way, too. I wanted that life for myself. But being with John has made me realize just how much I want to be a stay-at-home-mother and wife. I want to mother my children and be the best wife I could ever possibly be. I WANT that 50's family relationship where Father comes home to Mother makin' dinner and the kids comin' home from school and emptyin' their lunch boxes. Of course TV makes it different than it ever will be, but "gee golly" who says I can't have that? Who says I can't strive to make that a reality? Ever since I was a little girl I've always known I was going to be a wife/mother first, businesswoman second. And I feel that is the best route for me.
Just you watch. My life can become what I want it to be. That two story home with the white-picket fence? The golden retriever who's name is Buddy? That Saturday morning where my kids are watching television eating Coco Puffs? Its mine. And when it is, I will proudly and joyously call it my own. Just you watch.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I totally never thought I'd enjoy that kind of life either...

    Crazy what falling in love does for your vision of a perfect future huh?

    Now I cross-stitch for fun and am collecting recipes like a squirrel before winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't crazy and I too dream of the day I get to stay home and bake.

    Not happening anytime soon but I am happy :)

    I do love it when I get home and there is a hot meal waiting at the end of the day...

    ReplyDelete