Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 347: Christmas Means To Me, My Love

Christmas has now arrived, and on the verge of leaving until next year. This Christmas has definitely made it to the top of my list. No, I didn't get some epic gift this year. In fact, I got next to none. It wasn't the gifts of the food this year. It was the family and company that made this holiday season extra special.
I was surrounded by friends and loved ones, and the space was filled with laughter and love. I spent the weekend with my family, and shared many fun and special times with them.
I also got to share some laughter and stories with the man who has my heart. John called me this morning and we were able to spend a few special moments that have happened to us since we've been apart. We talked about how we feel ourselves growing ironically closer together, and stronger as a couple, and how special this time is for the both of us. During that hour of hearing his voice, over and over again it was confirmed that HE is who I was meant to share my life with and HE is the reason I have gone through every experience I've ever had. And I thank God for the circumstances that brought us together. If we hadn't both endured our heartache and hardships, we might not have ever found such a strong connection or would have been ready for such a strong connection.
John is doing wonderfully and has really taken to the people and the lifestyle. He has grown SO much spiritually and I am grateful for that. He was already a spiritual powerhouse prior to the mission, but he gave me some amazing words of enlightenment that I know would not have been possible but for his mission. His unwavering faith, no, knowledge of the mercifulness of our Father is astounding. He knows with a surety of future blessings and is such an example to me of that. I love this man with all of my heart, and can't wait til NEXT Christmas when he will be returning home 2 days after the holiday.
Merry Christmas to all of you, and I wish you all the happiest of times. Cherish your loved ones, no matter how far they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment